Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Coming this fall: My first book in paperback!

Time to uncork some champagne!
Photo credit: Niels Noordhoek
A few months ago I posted about submitting my first full novel manuscript to my publisher. It's been a looooong wait, but I finally heard back earlier this week--Island House will be released by Dreamspinner Press this fall!

I'm over the moon with excitement. About eight months ago my first title came out, a short called Traditions from the Heart, joined later by the novelette Diving In. My first novella, The Buyout, will be out July 3. Working on each of those ebooks and seeing them through from idea to ISBN has been amazing, but I have to admit that I haven't felt like an author until now. Maybe it's because I grew up in The Time Before E-Readers, but there's something about holding a paperback in your hands that makes it feel real. I'm not going to liken authorship to motherhood, since I have two kids and I know firsthand that labor is a lot more painful than the writing process. Still, even without the tragically over-used birth metaphor, bringing a new book into the world is something magical. I'm eagerly anticipating the day when I can hold Island House in my hands!

Island House Blurb:
Niall is a British ex-pat who left the UK for the sunny skies and beautiful scenery of Tortola after his partner Nolan was killed four years ago. Living in the Caribbean had always been their dream, but the reality of it leaves Niall desperately unhappy. When a new client shows up at his real estate firm looking for a home, Niall sees an opportunity to make enough money to change his life—but he gets a lot more than he'd bargained for with Ethan. They make it through a hurricane together, but then life keeps throwing curve balls their way that are harder to weather.

1 comment:

Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips