Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Guest post: Deanna Wadsworth talks about A Cupid's Wager


Please welcome Deanna Wadsworth to the blog today. She's here promoting her recent release, A Cupid's Wager, which was part of Dreamspinner Press' A Valentine Rainbow. If you haven't picked up the set, I highly recommend it! All of the shorts are a fun take on the holiday.





My name is Deanna Wadsworth, and my latest book A CUPID’S WAGER is in an anthology of 14 Valentine stories called A VALENTINE RAINBOW. Along with Bru’s book CAMPFIRE CONFESSIONS twelve other amazing Dreamspinner authors have created a collection of love stories just as delicious as that leftover box of chocolates I picked up on February 15th—but with none of the calories! LOL
The main character of A CUPID’S WAGER is a cupid named Lio. After he gets caught shooting a closeted man with a gay lust arrow—a big no-no at the Inner-Dimensional Association of Cupids—Lio has a barters a deal with the Aztec god of the winds. Using a very twisted use of Roman and Aztec mythology, I tried to create a funny but very sexy ride for my readers. Heck, this story even has penis piercings! LOL
I hope you all pick up this awesome collection, A VALENTINE RAINBOW, because every day should be filled with love.
Thanks for hosting me, Bru! I brought along an excerpt of A CUPID’S WAGER to share and I hope you all enjoy it!
~Deanna



BLURB: The name’s Lio, and I’m a cupid working for the Gay Division of the Inter-Dimensional Association of Cupids. An Aztec god, whose modern name, Ethan, doesn't make him any less scary, just busted me shooting a closeted human with a gay lust arrow. I might find him sexy with all those tattoos and piercings, if I didn’t have a rule against getting it on with other supernaturals—especially ones working for the Straight Division. Now, to save my butt I'll have to strike a bargain with this tough god. But what I didn't see coming was my little wager not only risks my career, but places my broken heart completely in Ethan's hands.

EXCERPT:


Shit!”
I was so gonna get my ass chewed for this.
And not in the good way.
I snapped my fingers, and my quiver of arrows disappeared into the cosmic nothingness where magical things went when demigods snapped their fingers. No clue where that nothingness was, and in my hundreds of years of existence, I’d never bothered to find out.
However, right then, such mysteries were the furthest thing from my mind because I had just nailed another cupid’s mark. Now the glittering trail of purple dust from my lust arrow was like the laser sight of a sharpshooter’s rifle, pinpointing my exact location.
I was so fucked.
Again, not in the good way.
The explosion of both purple and red dust in the street below meant the aftershock of my lust arrow striking the human first had deflected a love arrow. I was pretty sure the owner of said arrow would be coming to bitch me out any second. Cupids could be such whiny little cunts when they wanted to be.
Believe me, I would know.
I’m a cupid.
The name’s Philomenus, but I answer to Lio. Just one of Eros’s many, many offspring, I’m employed for eternity by the Inter-Dimensional Association of Cupids, or the IDAC. Contrary to what paintings and sculptures depicted, cupids are not fat, naked baby boys in diapers. While on the small side, we look just like regular folks. No wings either. Involved in every aspect of love, from puppy love and first kisses to weddings, the IDAC is militantly organized. They take their task of giving the humans love very seriously—like a supernatural FBI, complete with orders, rules, and procedures.
And I just broke about a hundred of each.
Before I could conjure a location to send myself, a pop sounded behind me.
Huge steel-like hands grabbed the collar of my leather jacket and yanked me around.
What the hell, Lio?”
Bodily shoved against the ledge of the rooftop, I let out a tiny yelp of surprise when the magic inside my body surged white-hot, almost as if it recognized something…. WTF?
That had never happened before.
Then again, I’d never been busted shooting closeted gay men with Class 4G lust arrows either.
Righting myself, I flipped unruly blond curls out of my eyes and faced my attacker, arms out in a show of surrender. “Hey, ease up, pal.”
What the hell?” that menacing voice growled again.
Thanks to all the gossipy cupids in the IDAC, I recognized the god immediately, though I’d never seen him before.
Éhecatl, the Aztec god of the winds.

Deanna Wadsworth might be a bestselling erotica author, but she leads a pretty vanilla life in Ohio with her wonderful husband and a couple adorable cocker spaniels. She has been spinning tales and penning stories since childhood, and her first erotic novella was published in 2010. When she isn’t writing books or brainstorming with friends, you can find her making people gorgeous in a beauty salon. She loves music and dancing, and can often be seen hanging out on the sandbar in the muddy Maumee River or chilling with her hubby and a cocktail in their basement bar. In between all that fun, Deanna cherishes the quiet times when she can let her wildly active imagination have the full run of her mind. Her fascination with people and the interworkings of their relationships have always inspired her to write romance with spice and love without boundaries.
Buy Deanna’s books at Dreamspinner Press, Decadent Publishing or at any reputable eBook seller




1 comment:

Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips