Wednesday, April 1, 2015

WIP Wednesday: More King of the Kitchen

Today's my deadline for King of the Kitchen (and if you're reading this Lynn, it's coming, I promise!), so today's snippet is from that manuscript. I had so much fun writing the recipes for it, which hopefully will be included in the back of the book.




King of the Kitchen


So we won't get busy for another hour or so,” Duncan said as he used the spatula to break up the cooking chorizo and move it around the cook top. The onions and peppers got another squirt of oil and a similar treatment. “You want to poke around and familiarize yourself with the kitchen? John keeps a binder of recipes somewhere in the office if you want, or we can double team things and you can be in charge of eggs and protein while I put everything together since I know the menu.”
Here I thought we were taking things slow, and then on what, our third official date? Now you're asking me to double team. Nice.”
Duncan poured a healthy dollop of the ranchero sauce on the chorizo, noting that he'd would have to start a fresh batch before the rush hit because they definitely wouldn't have enough to get through the breakfast shift tomorrow with what was in the fridge.
I have a feeling you're going to keep things interesting enough that I won't really want to bring in anyone else,” Duncan teased.
Have you?” Beck asked, his voice a little strange.
Duncan turned around, wondering if the thought of a threesome was really that disturbing for Beck, but the slight glaze of sweat over his brow made Duncan reevaluate. Clearly Beck was not disgusted by the thought. Interesting.
Double teamed someone? No,” he said, raising an eyebrow in challenge. “But I have been double teamed?”
Beck outright choked at that, and Duncan grinned in triumph.
Actually, the answer to that is also no. But it's a fun thought.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips